This recipe is from Martha Stewart's "Everyday Food". This stir-fry is delicious over brown rice or Asian noodles. To toast the cashews, spread them on a baking sheet and cook in a 350-degree oven for about 10 minutes. If you like a sweet-and-sour flavor, add 1 tablespoon of sugar to the sauce in step 4.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) package firm tofu, drained, cut crosswise into 6 slabs (about 3/4 inch wide), each slab halved horizontally and cut int
- 1 1/2 lbs broccoli, stalks trimmed, peeled, and cut into 1/4-inch rounds, florets separated into bite-size pieces
- coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cashews, toasted
- 1Arrange tofu in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with several layers of paper towels. Top with more paper towels and another baking sheet; weight with canned goods. Let tofu drain, about 20 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, cook broccoli (stalks and florets) in a large pot of boiling salted water until bright green, 2 minutes. Drain; set aside.
- 3Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tofu; cook until golden brown, turning gently halfway through, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to paper towels.
- 4Meanwhile, make sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, red-pepper flakes, garlic, cornstarch, and 3/4 cup water; set aside.
- 5Add broccoli to skillet; cook over high heat, stirring often, until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk reserved sauce to combine; pour into pan. Return tofu to pan; stir to coat, about 1 minute more. Serve topped with cashews.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu and Broccoli Stir Fry (Martha Stewart)
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.7
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 932.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 17.4 g