Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 mins
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- nonstick spray coating
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- 1 lb tofu, fresh,cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄3 cups cooked brown rice
- For sauce, stir together water, sherry, soy sauce, cornstarch, ginger, and red pepper; set aside.
- Spray a cold wok or large skillet with non-stick coating.
- Preheat the work or skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic; stir-fry for 15 seconds.
- Add broccoli; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add onion; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add bean sprouts, stir-fry for 1 minutes.
- Push vegetables from the center of the wok or skillet.
- Stir sauce; add to the center of the wok or skillet.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir vegetables into sauce; stir in tofu.
- Heat through.
- Serve with rice.
Thanks for the recipe, this was delicious! However I did not add Sherry to the sauce, but it was wonderful!
Nice sauce. I added a tsp of hoisin sauce, fresh ginger and omitted the tofu.