Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A tasty vegetarian noodle bowl.
Make and share this Tofu and Bok Choy Noodle Bowl recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (7 ounce) package udon noodles, fresh
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 4 baby bok choy, leaves separated and white part trimmed (about 1 lb.)
- 4 green onions, trimmed and sliced
- Cook noodles as package directs. Drain and divide among 4 bowls.
- Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, and broth and set aside.
- Cut tofu lengthwise into 3 pieces. Cut crosswise into 1/2-in. sticks and pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat 1 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Brown tofu (don’t stir), 4 minutes; brown on other side. Set on noodles.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoons vegetable oil to same pan over medium-high heat. Cook ginger and garlic until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add bok choy and cook until wilted, 5 minutes. Add reserved broth mixture and cook until hot, about 1 minute.
- Spoon mixture over noodles and tofu and sprinkle with onions sprinkled on top.
This was fantastic! It was super easy to do and I loved the flavors. I added some mushrooms that needed to be used but otherwise followed the instructions exactly. I would make this for company as a great Asian dinner!
I did like this concept a lot and it was a fabulous inspiration. However, the sauce was a bit bland - it was perfect when I put out different condiments on the table (siracha, hoison, soy sauce) and people could kinda customize.