Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Serve with some raw veggies or salad and the tangy barbecue relish (which keeps for 3 days in the fridge).
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 1 carrot, trimmed, peeled and grated
- 1 (410 g) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 220 g tofu, cut into 2cm cubes
- 75 g sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons vegetable stock powder, wheat free
tangy barbecue relish
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 (400 g) canchopped organic tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend for 6-8 minutes until the mixture is roughly chopped but not smooth.
- Remove the blade from the processor, take handfuls of the mixture and shape into medium-sized balls. Place on the baking tray and press down gently with the back of a spoon. There should be 6-8 burgers.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown in color. Serve with a crispy green salad and Tangy Barbecue Relish.
- To make the tangy barbecue relish place all the ingredients except the basil in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30-40 minutes, until the mixture is soft and syrupy. And a little water if necessary during the cooking process. Transfer into a small bowl, cover and chill. Serve with freshly chopped basil.