Recipe by fluffernutter
These protein-packed bars solve the breakfast problem for us by beingfilling but with a light texture for our not-yet-awake appetites. The recipe is from Tofu Quick and Easy by Louise Hagler, originally published by the Book Publishing Company, sort of associated with The Farm in Summertown, Tennessee. Can be made with butter rather than margarine.
- 226.79 g soft tofu
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml margarine, softened
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml unbleached flour
- 236.59 ml almond meal
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend the tofu, sugar, margarine and vanilla in a food processor until pureed.
- Combine the flour, almond meal, baking power, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Add to the tofu mixture.
- Pulse until blended; you may have to use a fork to finish mixing, as it's very thick.
- Pat the dough into a greased 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until browned on top.
- Variations: fold in up to 1 cup raisins, chocolate chips; up to 3/4 cup dried cranberries or blueberries; 1/2 cup chopped nuts.