These protein-packed bars solve the breakfast problem for us by beingfilling but with a light texture for our not-yet-awake appetites. The recipe is from Tofu Quick and Easy by Louise Hagler, originally published by the Book Publishing Company, sort of associated with The Farm in Summertown, Tennessee. Can be made with butter rather than margarine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Blend the tofu, sugar, margarine and vanilla in a food processor until pureed.
- 3Combine the flour, almond meal, baking power, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Add to the tofu mixture.
- 4Pulse until blended; you may have to use a fork to finish mixing, as it's very thick.
- 5Pat the dough into a greased 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until browned on top.
- 6Variations: fold in up to 1 cup raisins, chocolate chips; up to 3/4 cup dried cranberries or blueberries; 1/2 cup chopped nuts.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu Almond Cookie Bars
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.5
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 146.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 2.5 g