Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very creamy guilt free sauce.
Make and share this Tofu "alfredo" Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lite silken extra firm tofu
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons basil or 2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast (can substitute soy parmesan)
- 4 tablespoons Butter Buds or 4 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 16 ounces fettuccine pasta
- Cook pasta per package directions.
- Whiz the rest of the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour over hot pasta and mix well.
Yummy! Nice and creamy, and so easy to make. I added a bit of hot sauce (I eat it on almost everything) and was in heaven! No more craving mac & cheese or alfredo now that I can make this. Thanks, Tish!!
I thought this was very good. I really liked the flavor of the sauce on its own. I used tsp of basil, and a tsp of an Italian blend I have called "Roman Holiday Seasoning" which added a nice flavor. I did need to add some salt once I tossed the sauce with the cooked pasta. I used tri-colored gemelli instead of fettuccine, just because that's what was on hand. The leftovers were a little dry, so I mixed in some sauted spinach, which seemd to work quite nicely. Thanks for a great dairy free alternative to an old favorite, AND for introducing me to buying nutritional yeast in bulk!!
I love to throw in a bunch of spinach and make this even more healthy. Today I tried it on pizza and was thrilled. (I cooked a brown rice pizza crust while sauteing button mushrooms and making this sauce. When the crust was done, I put the sauce on it, slightly warmed, and added the mushrooms. Magnifique!