Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1⁄2 lb soy dairy firm tofu
- 1⁄4 cup vegan mayonnaise (or other eggless mayonnaise)
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard (this is optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 cup fresh scallions
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, diced
- Drain tofu and mash well with fork.
- Combine tofu with mayonnaise and spices.
- Blend well; then mix in diced vegetables.
- Serve on a bed of crisp greens or use as a sandwich spread.
I'm not a vegan, or even a vegetarian for that matter. But I am HIGHLY sensetive to eggs. The problem is that I love them. So, I bought some tofu for soup and had some left over and thought I'd try this. If I don't think about it too hard and simply accept it as egg salad, then I am pretty fooled! No too bad for a meat eater! I followed the spices exactly then added yellow onion and pickles. I used spicy brown mustard and extra firm tofu. I added some curry powder but I think it needed more. All in all a great experiment that seems to be fooling my brain into thinking I'm eating eggs! Thanks!
superb! made without the carrots because I was in a hurry.
Oh so yummy! I could not beleive how good this recipe was. I used lite firm silken tofu (about 12 oz) and adjusted the fat free mayo, mustard and spices to 1 1/2 the recipe. I did not use carrots or tumeric and I topped off my "egg" salad sandwich with a little paprika. Thank you for this recipe.