Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another recipe from "Everyday Gourmet" that I would like to try soon.
- 575 g caster sugar (2 1/2 cups)
- 125 ml water (1/2 cup)
- 50 g butter
- 775 g mixed unsalted nuts (5 1/2 cups)
- Combine the sugar and water in a large saucepan over medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20–25 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, line a large baking tray with baking paper. Put the nuts on the tray and cover with another layer of baking paper. Crush the nuts with a rolling pin and set aside.
- Remove the sugar and water from the heat and carefully add the butter and crushed nuts and quickly pour onto the baking paper-lined tray.
- Spread the mixture evenly across the tray and set aside to cool.
- Break into pieces and serve.
- Store in the pantry in an airtight container for up to 10 days.