Recipe by bluemoon downunder
Adapted from a recipe in 'The Australian Women's Weekly's 50 FAST desserts'. Simple to make - and delicious.Since Australian recipes are considerably less sweet than Australian recipes, American chefs may well want to add more sugar. Judge according to what tastes right for you. In her review, Karen=^..^= says that she used Fuji apples. Excellent choice: they've SO delicious. Granny Smith apples would also work well. I have two other toffeed fruit recipes posted: Toffee Grapes, Chinatown Toffeed Figs.
- 4 apples, thinly sliced crossways
- 30 g butter
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- cinnamon, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Thinly slice the apples crossways; melt 30g butter in a pan; cook the apple slices until they have browned on both sides.
- Add two tablespoons caster sugar, cook for 5 minutes; add the maple syrup, stir until the apples and syrup have heated through.
- Serve the toffeed apples with cream or icecream or Greek yoghurt.