Recipe by Carmine
I wanted to use my new trifle dish but couldn't find a recipe that suited what I was craving so I made up this recipe. Our company loved it!
Top Review by mamacancook
You have just given me a reason to FINALLy use my trifle bowl. Chocolate or yellow or white cake I actually think I also would substitute for the angelfood cake-but this sounds and looks really yummy!!! Will try and let ya know also!!!
- angel food cake mix
- 9 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 9 tablespoons caramel syrup
- 1 (1 ounce) package fat-free sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 8 ounces fat-free cool whip
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup toffee pieces
- 2 tablespoons toffee pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare angel food cake as directed and cool.
- Prepare instant pudding as directed and chill.
- Cut angel food cake into thirds. Take one third and tear into pieces that are about ½ to 1 inch in diameter. Place the torn pieces in the bottom of a trifle dish.
- Drizzle 3 Tbsp chocolate syrup over the torn cake pieces. Drizzle 3 Tbsp caramel syrup over the torn cake pieces.
- Spread one third of the chocolate pudding over the cake layer.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup toffee bits over the pudding. Sprinkle ¼ cup chopped pecans over the pudding.
- Spread one third of the cool whip over the toffee and nuts.
- Repeat the layer two more times. Sprinkle the last cool whip layer with 2 Tbsp toffee bits.