Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
With the cake made ahead of time, this trifle comes together in a snap. It is very rich, creamy and good. This looks beautiful in a trifle dish.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix, baked as directed
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box French vanilla instant pudding
- milk, as required
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping
- 1 (10 ounce) bagcrushed Skor English toffee bits (in aisle with chocolate chips)
- Bake cake as directed on package and let cool.
- Cut into slices or cubes.
- Prepare pudding according to package directions.
- Fold whipped topping into pudding, mixing well.
- Cover bottom of trifle dish with cake pieces.
- Next, cover cake pieces with pudding mixture.
- Sprinkle toffee (Skor) pieces over pudding mixture.
- Repeat layers 2 more times, ending with pudding.
- Garnish with extra toffee pieces and some cake crumbs.
- Chill at least 2 hours until set.
This is a crowd pleaser recipe. Trifles look so stunning yet are so very easy to put together. The pudding mixed with whipped topping makes a cool and refreshing topping for the yellow cake. I followed the instructions exactly and it turned out great.