Prep 25 mins
Cook 55 mins
From "All Time Favorite Recipes". Baking time includes cooling time.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups English toffee bits, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine flour, powdered sugar, cocoa and baking soda; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Press firmly on bottom of ungreased 13x9 inch baking pan; bake 15 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add Milk, eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup toffee bits.
- Pour mixture over hot crust.
- Bake 25 minutes or until set and edges just begin to brown.
- Remove from oven; cool 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup tooffee bits evenly over top; cool completely.
I have made this a few times before and it is always a hit with everyone! I think I would like to try it with other toppings, like fresh strawberries or raspberries.
I made these and another pan of bars for birthday treats to take to work. Everyone loved them! They wanted the recipe & I said where to find it. I printed off several copies. Huge Hit! I used fat free in all but the butter. I also heated the Fat Free cream cheese before mixing it with Fat Free Sweetened Condensed Milk. Awesome! Thanks for sharing this recipe!