1/1 Photo of Toffee Topped Bars
"Serve these luscious after-school treats with a tall, cold glass of milk." From Great Ameican Home baking
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Lightly grease a 9 x 13" baking pan; set aside.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, mix together the brown sugar and flour.
- 4Using a pastry cutter or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 5Remove 1 cup of mixture and set aside.
- 6To mixture in large bowl, add baking powder and salt.
- 7Using a fork, lightly beat in vanilla, milk and egg.
- 8Continue beating until a smooth batter forms.
- 9Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- 10In a small bowl, combine the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- 11Fold in the coconut.
- 12Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over top of batter in pan.
- 13Sprinkle with the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- 14Using a long flat spatula, spread topping evenly over the top of the batter in pan.
- 15Bake bars for 35 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in center comes out clean.
- 16Transfer pan to wire rack.
- 17Cool bars in pan completely before slicing.
- 18Using a serrated knife, cut into 24 bars.
- 19Store in airtight container for up to 5 days.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toffee Topped Bars
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.1
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 19.3 mg
- Sodium 111.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g