Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
The toffee taste makes these rolls a real treat. Video Instructions: http://www.rhodesbread.com/recipes/view/2307
- 12 rhodes frozen dinner rolls or 1 loaf rhodes bread dough, thawed to room temperature
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup toffee pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick spray.
- Roll combined rolls or loaf into a 14x14-inch square.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and cinnamon and beat until fluffy.
- Stir in toffee bits.
- Remove wrap from dough and spread toffee mixture evenly over dough.
- Roll up jelly roll style and with a sharp knife cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Place cut side down in a sprayed 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise until double in size.
- Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 15-20 minutes.
- Combine icing ingredients and spread over warm rolls.
- Sprinkle with more toffee bits.