Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 mins
How can you improve on a classic cookie? Add toffee bits! I found this on another recipe site, tried it and now it is a family favorite.
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 650.62 ml flour
- 9.85 ml cream of tartar
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 414.03 ml Skor English toffee bits
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat butter, shortening and 1 cup sugar in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Add eggs; beat thoroughly.
- Stir together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Stir in toffee bits.
- In a small bowl, mix 3 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon together.
- Shape cookie dough into 1 1/4 inch balls, roll in sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Set onto cookie sheet and bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Cool slightly then remove from cookie sheet.
my husband and grandkids think these are the best cookies in the world..they enjoy helping roll the balls in the sugar
Super easy to put together - these smelled fantastic while baking, and look absolutely fantastic! Oh, did I mention that they're extremely yummy? I only used 1 bag of toffee chips, which was about 1 1/4 cups, which was perfect. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Tagged for Alphabet Soup Tag.