Recipe by ugogirl
How can you improve on a classic cookie? Add toffee bits! I found this on another recipe site, tried it and now it is a family favorite.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups Skor English toffee bits
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat butter, shortening and 1 cup sugar in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Add eggs; beat thoroughly.
- Stir together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Stir in toffee bits.
- In a small bowl, mix 3 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon together.
- Shape cookie dough into 1 1/4 inch balls, roll in sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Set onto cookie sheet and bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Cool slightly then remove from cookie sheet.