Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are lovely, a nice addition to anyone's cookie tray. Is it a cookie, a square or is it candy?--you decide.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- For the Squares - In a large bowl, combine, flour, sugar, butter, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Use a mixer beat on low speed for 3 minutes, don't forget to scrape the bottom of the bowl often until mixture is crumbly.
- Add nuts, chocolate and butterscotch chips to the mixture.
- Press dough into the bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- For the Topping - Sprinkle chocolate chips over the hot squares.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, the chocolate chips will melt.
- Swirl partially melted chips with knife to create a marbled effect and sprinkle pecans on top.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares and ENJOY!
I'm not rating these right now, as I made a mistake; I baked @350, in a glass dish. I should have dropped the temperature by 25 degrees, but I was trying to make them quickly as I had company coming. They were a little 'done', but still tasty. I also threw some white chocolate chips on top, as I had a few extra to use. The taste is great, but would probably be better, if I had remembered the 'baking rules.' Really enjoyed the taste of the butterscotch chips! I have some cinnamon chips, and may add a few of those next time. I will make them again, and re-review then...Sorry, Baby Kato, but thank you for sharing this delicious recipe.
Fabulous slice !!!! Delicious and addictive. As we cannot get butterscotch chips here I just doubled the choc chips, also I used double the nuts and had to use almonds as I had no pecans but it was an all round success.
The toasted pecans are the best part! I really loved this, but my son didn't...too much butterscotch for him. I was going to substitute Heath Bar Chips for a better toffee taste. I made them as stated in the recipe, and really enjoyed them. I am going to try it with Heath Bar Chips next time. By the way, I call them a cookie bar. I made this for Market Tag game.