Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
When I started experamenting with Diabetic recipes I had to throw out two Whole batches of candies, however I messed around and found some wonderful recipes and this is ofcourse, one. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 teaspoons granulated sugar substitute
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg white (slightly beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (chopped)
- Cream Margarine and Sugar Replacement unfil fluffy.
- Beat in Whole Eggs, one at time.
- Add Water, Flour and Cinnamon, mixing thoroughly.
- Spread into well-greased 15x10 cookie sheet.
- Pat with hand to level the surface.
- Brush beaten Egg White over top and sprinkle with Pecans.
- Press slightly into cookie dough.
- Bake at 300* for 40-45 Minutes, or until golden.
- Cut into 11/2-in. squares.
Tried this recipe with absolutely NO deviations and wound up with something as pleasant tasting as a linoleum floor tile with pecans. You may ask, where does the toffee come in? and that would be a legitimate question. As far as I can tell? Never. Sorry, thought these were awful.