Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy toffee recipe giving to me by my mother-in-law.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups flour
- 15 ounces milk chocolate candy bars
- 1 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together butter, brown sugar, vanilla, egg yolk and flour. SPread mixture on a large ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
- While baking, melt chocolate in a double boiler. Remove cookie sheet from oven and cover with melted chocolate. Spread on nuts.
- Cut while slightly warm into 1 1/2 inch squares.