Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are VERY sweet and rich. Cut into very small squares and serve. Really good served on a plate with sliced kiwi.
- 1 cup oleo margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 8 ounces chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350 F degrees.
- Cream margarine and baking sugar.
- Add next 3 ingredients to mixture and stir well.
- Spread this very thick mixture unto a small cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn off oven.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle w/ chocolate bits over shortbread and return to cooling oven until choc has melted.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Using a knife dipped in hot water cut into squares and place in air tight container.