Prep 30 mins
Cook 37 mins
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 cup almond brickle chips
- Grease a 13x9 inch baking pan; set aside.
- To make the crust, in a bowl, beat ¾ cup butter and brown sugar using electric mixer on medium speed until combined.
- Beat in the egg yolk; stir in the flour and salt with a wooden spoon until well mixed.
- Using floured hands, press dough into bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until light brown; cool on a wire rack.
- To make the filling: in a saucepan, heat and stir the sweetened condensed milk and 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat until bubbly; cook and stir 5 minutes more (mixture will thicken and become smooth).
- Stir in vanilla; spread filling over baked crust.
- Bake 12-15 minutes more or until top layer is golden brown.
- Sprinkle chocolate pieces evenly over the top; bake for 1-2 more minutes or until chocolate pieces melt.
- Remove from oven; set on a wire rack.
- Using a flexible spatula, immediately spread chocolate evenly over baked layers; sprinkle with almond brickle pieces.
- Cool completely on a wire rack; cover and chill until chocolate is set; cut into squares or triangles.