Recipe by Um Safia
This is a recipe for delicious shortbread with a toffee twist. You serve it cut into small squares or slices if you prefere. This is easy to make & absolutely delicious! Please note: the recipes states an 8oz can of condensed milk as it is all the database allows - please use a 'small' can I buy them weighing 379g.
- 8 ounces margarine
- 2 ounces caster sugar
- 8 ounces plain flour
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 (8 ounce) can condensed milk
- 4 ounces baking chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the caster sugar with 4oz of margarine and then add the flour.
- Knead as you would for shortbread then roll out and bake in a swiss roll tin until slightly brown.
- Mix the other 4oz margarine with the golden syrup and add the condensed milk. Bring it to the boil in a small pan and spread over the shortbread base.
- Melt the chocolate and pour it over the toffee mixture.
- Allow to cool and then cut into pieces.