1/1 Photo of Toffee Shortcake (Caramel Slice) - Traditional Scottish Recipe!
Um Safia's Note:
This is a recipe for delicious shortbread with a toffee twist. You serve it cut into small squares or slices if you prefere. This is easy to make & absolutely delicious! Please note: the recipes states an 8oz can of condensed milk as it is all the database allows - please use a 'small' can I buy them weighing 379g.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream the caster sugar with 4oz of margarine and then add the flour.
- 2Knead as you would for shortbread then roll out and bake in a swiss roll tin until slightly brown.
- 3Mix the other 4oz margarine with the golden syrup and add the condensed milk. Bring it to the boil in a small pan and spread over the shortbread base.
- 4Melt the chocolate and pour it over the toffee mixture.
- 5Allow to cool and then cut into pieces.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toffee Shortcake (Caramel Slice) - Traditional Scottish Recipe!
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.9
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 10.2 mg
- Sodium 313.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 7.5 g