Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Use this sauce as a topping on ice cream or cake topping. This sauce does thicken as it cools.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, water and condensed milk.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
What a wonderful addition to any ice cream sundae! I halved the recipe which still made at least 2 cups of sauce. Be sure when making this that you do not cook too long, as when it cools it does thicken up quite a bit. When you serve this over ice cream, it thickens/ hardens even more. Wonderful flavor and multi-purpose. Thanks for another grand recipe, Juenessa!