Recipe by Ms B.
This is an adopted recipe that I haven't yet tried. The original chef comments: "My cousin JoAnn makes cookies better than anyone I know. (I'll bet even better than you!) When she comes to visit, she always brings a giant tupperware container full of freshly baked cookies. These are my favorite!"
Top Review by Its Me Busy Bee
These cookies were a nice addition to add to my Christmas bags this year. They were enjoyed by me and I am sure the family will love them too! Yummie to the tummy tum tum!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups English toffee bits or 1 1⁄2 cups almond brickle chips
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 -5 tablespoons half-and-half cream or 3 -5 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugars; add eggs and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix into butter/sugar mixture.
- Stir in toffee bits.
- Drop by teaspoon onto parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until firm (do not brown).
- Cool on a rack and make little cookie sandwiches with the frosting.
- Cream butter and add sugar and vanilla.
- Add milk to reach spreading consistency.