Prep 3 hrs
Cook 1 hr
This is sooo good with coffee, vanilla, caramel, or butter pecan ice cream if you eat it for dessert. If you eat it for breakfast, toast it and dot with butter--yummy:) *Prep time includes cooling time.*
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar or 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup toffee pieces, heath or skor
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- additional toffee pieces, for garnish
- Prheat oven to 325*F.
- Grease and flour a 9x5" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, using an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla; blend well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; add to the creamed mixture on low speed.
- Beat just until smooth.
- Stir in the toffee bits.
- Sread batter evenly in the prepared pan; bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick tests done.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan on a wire rack; invert, and cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar and sprinkle additional toffee bits on top, if desired.