I have not tried this recipe but I love the cookies from the Dancing Deer Bakery. This recipe was published in the Boston Globe. "This is not a traditional Scottish shortbread cookie dough, but a versatile, crunchy sweet cookie that can be flavored with a variety of natural oils and your favorite combination of mix-ins." Substitute your favorite mix-ins for the toffee and pecans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa and salt, and stir together with a fork until blended. Set aside.
- 2Using an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar, and beat until just blended, 1-2 minutes. Add the egg and beat until blended about 1 minute more.
- 3Add the flour mixture, and on low-speed, beat until the mixture just begins to form a sticky dough, about 1 minute more. Turn out onto a floured surface, and gently pat together to form a dense ball of dough. Add toffee bits and pecans and knead gently until evenly combined, and shape into a flat round disk. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- 4Position rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 325°F
- 5On a lightly floured surface, roll cookies out to about 1/8 ” thick, and cut to desired shape. Transfer to a heavy duty cookie sheet and bake until just golden around the edges, 15-18 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toffee, Pecan Chocolate Shortbread Cookies-Dancing Deer Bakery
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.3
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 22.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: