Recipe by Mrs. Cookie
These are perfect to bake immediately, refrigerate for one to two days or freeze for up to a month. Do a few at a time when you can't resist. Yuuuum! Recipe from Ponder Cove Bed and Breakfast.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup toffee pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together flour and baking soda and set aside. Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add egg, and mix on high speed. Add vanilla extract. Add flour mixture a bit at a time until well combined. Add oatmeal, cherries, chocolate and toffee pieces. Divide dough into three equal portions, and roll into logs using plastic wrap, approximately 1 1/2 inches in diameter. To bake, cut logs into 3/4 inch pieces. Bake on parchment- lined baking sheet until golden brown 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven, and transfer to baking rack to cool.