Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great cookie to go with milk. From the Quick Cooking Magazine.
Make and share this Toffee Oat Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) package English toffee bits or 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package almond brickle chips
- In mixing bowl, cream butter, and sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in toffee bits.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in.
- apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 min.
- or until golden brown.
- Cool for 1 min.
- before removing to wire racks.
This was a pretty tasty cookie but I thought it needed something so I added milk chocolate chips and hot diggity ... it turned into a great cookie!! Nice and chewy with a bit of crunch. I don't care for them warm like most cookies but a great cold cookie - great camping cookie!! Thanks
Great cookie recipe! Glad I only made a half batch as I can't leave them alone! As LonghornMama said, they're a wonderful crisp cookie, yet chewy on the inside. Best of both worlds and delicious! Thanks for sharing this keeper! :)
Great cookie jar cookie! Crunchy on the outside, tender inside. The kids and neighbor kids picked these off as fast as I could get them out of the oven. Thanks for sharing the recipe!