From Manifest Vegan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup Earth Balance margarine
- 2 cups light brown sugar (very very fresh)
- 3 teaspoons energ egg replacer frothed with 4 tbsp hot water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (medium fine)
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped (medium fine)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (vegan friendly)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9; x 13; pan.
- 2Cream together the Earth Balance and brown sugar until well blended. Add salt and baking soda and mix well. Add in egg replacer and vanilla.
- 3Being careful not to overmix, add in flour until just combined. Fold in 1 cup of pecans and chocolate chips.
- 4Spread ( I had to use my hand and actually “pat”) the dough into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle the remaining chopped nuts over the top of the dough.
- 5On middle rack of oven, bake about 20-25 minutes. They will look uncooked if you try to cut into them. Resist the urge and let them cool on wire rack for about 1 hour. Cut into bar shapes and enjoy with some yummy Almond Breeze, or your favorite non-dairy milk.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toffee Nut Bars
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.1
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 82.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Earth Balance margarine