Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Manifest Vegan.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup Earth Balance margarine
- 2 cups light brown sugar (very very fresh)
- 3 teaspoons energ egg replacer frothed with 4 tbsp hot water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (medium fine)
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped (medium fine)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (vegan friendly)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9; x 13; pan.
- Cream together the Earth Balance and brown sugar until well blended. Add salt and baking soda and mix well. Add in egg replacer and vanilla.
- Being careful not to overmix, add in flour until just combined. Fold in 1 cup of pecans and chocolate chips.
- Spread ( I had to use my hand and actually “pat”) the dough into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle the remaining chopped nuts over the top of the dough.
- On middle rack of oven, bake about 20-25 minutes. They will look uncooked if you try to cut into them. Resist the urge and let them cool on wire rack for about 1 hour. Cut into bar shapes and enjoy with some yummy Almond Breeze, or your favorite non-dairy milk.