Ann Arber's Note:
Our daughter, Susann found this in Taste of Home,and now makes it for every celebration. Unbelievably rich and good. She is such a good cook anyway.LOL
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk (or 1 1/2 Tbs. vinegar in a cup of milk)
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- 2Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- 3Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda,salt Add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- 4Dissolve coffee in water;add to batter.
- 5Beat for two minutes.
- 6Pour into 3 greased and floured 9" round pans.
- 7Bake at 350 for 16-20 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- 8Cool for ten minutes Remove from pans to wire rack to cool completely.
- 9FOR TOPPING: dissolve coffee in water in a mixing bowl;cool.
- 10Add cream and brown sugar.
- 11Beat until stiff peaks form.
- 12Place cake on a serving plate;top with 1/3 of topping.
- 13Sprinkle with 1/3 of crushed candy.
- 14Repeat twice.
- 15Let sit in refrigerator at least twelve hours.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toffee Mocha Cream Torte
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 786.2
- Calories from Fat 413
- Total Fat 45.9 g
- Saturated Fat 28.0 g
- Cholesterol 169.7 mg
- Sodium 576.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 59.5 g
- Protein 8.7 g