Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Too great foods: fondue and toffee! This recipe is reprinted with permission from http://www.24hourmom.com
- 118.29 ml butter
- 473.18 ml dark brown sugar
- 236.59 ml white corn syrup
- 29.58 ml water
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- apple, sliced
- banana, sliced
- pear, sliced
- Melt the butter in a bowl over a pan of hot water, and add all the other ingredients except the vanilla.
- Stir until thick, then add the vanilla.
- Place in a fondue pot to keep warm, and serve with pieces of fruit.
Excuse me while I rub dirt in my mouth. If not, I'd never stop eating.
This was a extraordinary recipe. I took the advice of other reviewers and used my crockpot.
I melted the butter in the microwave and put in the crockpot.Then I put in the rest of the ingredients and stirred. I did have the crockpot on low and when I felt it had cooked to a good consistency I turned it on warm. I had no grainy texture. I served this with strawberries,marshmallow and apple slices.
5 stars really do not do this fondue justice. i made it for a lingerie shower where we had 4 different kinds of dessert fondue. this was EVERYONE'S favorite. we had about 10 different kinds of dippers, but our favorite for the toffee fondue was coconut macaroons! i cannot even begin to descibe how sinfully delicious they were. this recipe will definitely be used again as soon as i find the opportunity!