Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion; a crisp-crunchy cookie
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 cups lightly crushed plain potato chips
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 1⁄3 cups toffee pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°; lightly grease two baking sheets.
- In a big bowl, cream the butter, sugar, salt, vanilla, baking soda, and baking powder together.
- Mix in the flour, then gently stir in the potato chips, rice cereal, and toffee bits.
- Drop the dough by the tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 ½ inches between them; they will spread quite a bit as they bake.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes; remove them from the oven; cool for 5 minutes on the pan, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.