Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Taste of Home.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 ounces German sweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) Heath candy bars, crushed (1.4 ounces each)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- In a saucepan, combine the egg, sugar and salt.
- Gradually add milk.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from the heat.
- Whisk in chocolate, then add cream, coffee and vanilla.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Fold in candy and nuts.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in the freezer for 2-4 hours before serving.