Recipe by MakeMineCadburys
From Quick Cooking/Taste of Home: Only four ingredients make up these toffee bars loaded with crunchy almonds. NOTE: one poster suggested putting the almonds on first so that they were also covered in toffee!
Top Review by Suzanne S.
These are so far from diet food, but for Christmas they are a necessary luxury! These may be my favorite cookies ever. My recipe said you could use walnuts, pecans or almonds, but the almonds are the best to me.
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 15x10 baking pan with heavy duty foil.
- Place graham crackers in one layer in the pan.
- In a saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Carefully pour toffee mixture over graham crackers.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes or until bubbly.
- Cool in pan for 4 minutes.
- Cut each cracker into four sections; transfer to wire rack to cool completely.