Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great lunchbox cookie. Crispy and buttery with bits of toffee. This recipe comes from Land-o-Lakes with a slight adaptation.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup toffee pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In mixer bowl cream butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until creamy (1 to 2 minutes).
- Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture and beat just until combined.
- Stir in toffee bits by hand.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and roll in sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet and flatten with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake about 10 minutes until set but not brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet and transfer to rack to cool completely.