Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
If you like to make Toffee this is a great recipe and idea thats different for gift giving. My dearest friend gave this to me last year and I begged for the recipe. To be honest though, I have never had the knack for making toffee, but I know this recipe works, because its works for her. Check it out.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts
- Slow boil over medium heat butter and sugar gently for 7 minutes.
- Start timing after mix comes to a boil.
- Stir constanstly (scorches easily).
- Pour into a foiled and buttered 8" round cake pan- spread even quickly.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips; spread when melted.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- When cool remove foil, wrap and place in a small pizza type box and give with a small hammer.
- Note: I went to my bakery and asked for 8" cardboard cake rounds and placed my cooled toffee on that, then wrapped in plastic wrap and decorated (another way to give as a gift).