Recipe by Michelle S.
A tasty new way to serve your cream of wheat! If you like it sweeter just add some additional sugar.
Top Review by Cindy Lynn
UmmmMmmm...yummy! DH and I enjoy having hot cooked cereal for breakfast in the mornings, but sometimes they get to be humdrum. This certainly was not that! Although it took a little more effort than plain jane cereal, it was worth every bit of it. The only thing I will do differently the next time is to cook it on the stovetop, rather than in the microwave as we just don't care for cereal cooked in the microwave as well as on the stovetop, but we sure do like to use milk to replace the water! I suspect this would also be good in oatmeal, cream of rice and probably even malt-o-meal (my favorite!). Thank you for a great idea Michelle.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cream of wheat
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- additional milk, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cream of wheat, the 3/4 cup milk and pinch of salt in microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave 1 to 2 minutes more, stirring once.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- In a small skillet heat the almonds, butter and sugar until the nuts are golden.
- Pour over cream of wheat.
- Top with additional milk if desired, and serve.