Recipe by Kaytie Did
If you like chewy cookies, then you are going to enjoy these! My husband doesn't generally eat sweets, but he loves these cookies. The recipe was given to me by a co-worker, who photocopied it from a church cookbook, so I don't know who the original credit goes to. I have modified it slightly from the original so this recipe shows a bit less sugar than the original...but I don't think you'll notice. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup toffee pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture.
- Mix in cranberries and toffee bits.
- Drop teaspoonfulls of dough 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool slightly before removing from pan to wire cooling rack.