Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
These cookies are a buttery toffee-lover's delight!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate-covered toffee bits
- granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 300.
- In large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Beat until combined. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with mixer and then combine the rest with a spoon. Stir in toffee pieces.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten slightly with bottom of a glass.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until edges are firm, but not brown.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
These are very good cookies. I did have some trouble with the baking part of it though. Be sure to follow the baking instructions exactly. I tried baking them on a higher temperature for a shorter amount of time but that didn't work out well so I turned the oven back down and baked them as directed. Everyone I shared these with enjoyed them.
I added 1 c. chopped cashews to my batch with luscious results! They went so good with the chocolate toffee bits and added lots of taste to the cookies too! I see us making these more than once!!
Great cookies! Made them yesterday and they are steadily disappearing. I did make a little change and added about a half a cup of chopped pecans, and I think it was a wise addition. Tastes great with the toffee flavor. Thanks.