Recipe by Chris from Kansas
These cookies are a buttery toffee-lover's delight!
Top Review by Dominick & Amanda
These are very good cookies. I did have some trouble with the baking part of it though. Be sure to follow the baking instructions exactly. I tried baking them on a higher temperature for a shorter amount of time but that didn't work out well so I turned the oven back down and baked them as directed. Everyone I shared these with enjoyed them.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate-covered toffee bits
- granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300.
- In large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Beat until combined. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with mixer and then combine the rest with a spoon. Stir in toffee pieces.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten slightly with bottom of a glass.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until edges are firm, but not brown.
- Cool completely on wire rack.