Recipe by mandabears
Tastes like a decadent Heath/Skor Bar with a buttery crust.
Top Review by The Big Cheese
I followed this recipe exactly and it was a flop for some reason. When I finished boiling the margarine and brown sugar, stirring while bringing it to a full boil for 3 minutes, I poured it onto the crackers and they started to move. Baked according to directions. It would never harden, even after putting it into the fridge for hours. I've been boiling sugars for years and years, it definitely needed more than 3 minutes. I should have stuck with instinct and boiled it using a candy thermometer.
- 1 (16 ounce) boxreduced sodium Club crackers or 1 (16 ounce) boxwaverly crackers
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a saucepan melt margarine, and brown sugar.
- Bring to a slow boil over low heat and boil for 3 minutes.
- Carefully pour over crackers and put in oven.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
- Watch carefully do not let it burn.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with semi sweet morsels and spread evenly over crackers.
- Immediately sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Press down firmly.
- Cool at room temperature and break into pieces.
- Store in tightly covered container.