Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Tastes like a decadent Heath/Skor Bar with a buttery crust.
- 1 (16 ounce) boxreduced sodium Club crackers or 1 (16 ounce) boxwaverly crackers
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a saucepan melt margarine, and brown sugar.
- Bring to a slow boil over low heat and boil for 3 minutes.
- Carefully pour over crackers and put in oven.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
- Watch carefully do not let it burn.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with semi sweet morsels and spread evenly over crackers.
- Immediately sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Press down firmly.
- Cool at room temperature and break into pieces.
- Store in tightly covered container.
This is an outstanding toffee!! A coworker of mine gave me this recipe nearly 10 years ago and I lost it :( Thanks for posting on here - glad I found it in time for Christmas!
My mom has made these for as long as I can remember. When i was younger my friends would always ask if my mom was making "those bars" when they were coming over! These are awesome! The only difference is she never used nuts in hers. Great recipe!!