Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 5 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats, regular or quick cooking
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Skor English toffee bit
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Lightly grease 2 baking sheets Combine sugars, vanilla, egg, butter and shortening in a large mixing bowl; beat until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, salt and baking soda; add to sugar mixture, and blend completely.
- Add toffee bits and chocolate chips to dough, and mix well.
- Drop teaspoons of batter onto baking sheets, spacing dough about 1 inch apart. Bake until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place. Makes about 40 cookies.