Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
You can use graham crackers if you'd like.
Make and share this Toffee Cookie Bites (With Saltine Crackers) recipe from Food.com.
- 24 saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted
- Cover bottom of a 13- x 9-inch aluminum foil-lined pan with crackers.
- Microwave butter and brown sugar in a microwave-safe glass bowl on HIGH for 3 to 4 minutes or until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally.
- Pour butter mixture over crackers.
- Bake at 325° for 15 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle with chocolate morsels, spreading as they melt.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Cut toffee into 1-inch squares or break into pieces, and store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Unbelievably easy and delicious! I even used whole wheat saltines and it turned out fantastic.
I must admit, first time making anything like this, where it's supposed to "set" up. Well...it kind of did for me...I realize, I did not boil the sugar/butter mixture long enough as my toffee part is chewy and grainy. The flavor though, is great. I will make these again and would fully expect to give it 5 stars. They're so easy and very delicious. Can't wait until the next batch and my concentrating better on the boil time. Thanks for sharing!
Wonderful! I really like the texture - firm and crisp (not chewy), but not as hard as regular toffee can be, so your teeth will appreciate it! Oh, and it's much easier to make without sacrificing taste. I used buttery club crackers to make this recipe. These are way too addictive, though!