Delicious bar cookies! Smells good and tastes great!
Make and share this Toffee Coffee Chocolate Caramel Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup strong coffee, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) bag chocolate chips, Nestle Swirled Milk Chocolate-Caramel chips
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (10 ounce) bag chocolate-covered caramel candies, unwrapped (such as Riesen)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup pecans, chopped and divided
- 4 chocolate-covered english toffee bars, crushed (such as Skor or Heath)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- Beat together the cake mix, oil, ½ cup coffee and eggs.
- Add Swirled Chocolate-Caramel chips in the mix with a wooden spoon.
- Spoon approximately ¾ of the mixture into the bottom of prepared pan. Press with spatula to spread it to cover the bottom.
- Bake this layer for 10 minutes.
- In a double boiler or saucepan on low heat, warm the butter, chocolate covered caramels, ½ cup coffee, and condensed milk until all items are blended together and smooth. Continually swirl with a wooden spoon to prevent burning.
- Pour the filling over the partially baked crust.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans.
- Spoon the remaining ¼ batter mix over the pecans.
- Finish by sprinkling with chopped toffee bars and remaining 1/2 cup pecans.
- Bake an additional 30 minutes.
- Allow the pan to cool completely and cut into square bars.