Top Review by Gladys58
I made this for guests who stopped by on Halloween night. What a delicious cake and so easy to make. Very buttey. I used Skor candy bars for the topping. A definite crowd pleaser. Thanks Inez.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 chocolate-covered english toffee bars, chopped (such as Heath or Skor)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixing bowl, blend butter, sugars and flour; set aside 1/2 cup.
- To remaining butter mixture, add buttermilk, egg, baking soda and vanilla.
- Mix well, pour into greased 13x9-inch pan.
- Mix chopped candy bars and pecans with reserved butter mixture.
- Sprinkle over coffee cake.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes, or until pick comes out clean.