Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
Iv'e had this recipe for years and I am not even sure where I got it, but this cookie is so tasty just one WON'T do.
- 1 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped chocolate-covered english toffee bars, i use skor (Canada and US version is butterfinger)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter and chocolate in large pan over low heat, stir till smooth.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly.
- Stir in sugar and mix till smooth.
- Stir in eggs till well blended.
- Stir in vanilla till smooth.
- Stir in flour and salt just till mixed.
- Fold in chopped toffee.
- Drop heaping tbsp of dough 1 1/2" apart on ungreased sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes or till set.
- Let cookies stand on sheet 5 minutes; transfer to rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.