1/2 Photos of Toffee Chip Snickerdoodles
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
This is a great variation on the already-great snickedoodle, from The Essential Chocolate Chip Cookbook. Makes an attractive, delicious cookie. The recipe calls for using all butter, but I had great results with half butter, half butter-flavored shortening.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar (divided)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter (room temp, or 1/2 butter, 1/2 butter-flavored shortening)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup toffee pieces
- 1Preeat oven to 350. Grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- 2Sift the flour, cream of tartar, baking sode and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
- 3In a small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup of sugar and the cinnamon and set aside.
- 4in a large bowl, cream butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar till smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed during mixing.
- 5Add eggs, vanilla and almond extract and mix till blended.
- 6Add the flour mixture and mix just till incorporated.
- 7Stir in chocolate chips and toffee bits till evenly distributed. Dough will be soft (mine was really soft - I added another 1/4 cup of flour).
- 8For each cookie, use a tablespoon to scoop out a rounded spoonful of dough, roll it between the palms of your hands into a smooth ball and roll in cinnamon/sugar mixture to coat evenly.
- 9Place cookies 3 inches apart on baking sheets.
- 10Bake cookies just till edges are golden but centers are still pale, about 12-14 minutes. If lightly touched, the center of the cookies should feel firm on the surface but soft underneath.
- 11The cookies puff up during baking, the deflate to produce wrinkled tops.
- 12Cool cookies on baking sheet for five minutes then use a wide spatula to transfer to a wire rack to cool thoroughly.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toffee Chip Snickerdoodles
Serving Size: 1 (1228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.2
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 25.3 mg
- Sodium 92.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: