Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an awesome cookie! The flavor of the coffee, toffee, and chocolate are incredible together. They have a beautiful blonde color. You'll have to give this recipe out!
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup toffee pieces
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- Add instant coffee and vanilla to a small bowl, stirring to dissolve the coffee.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter, sugar, and baking powder until light and fluffy.
- Add beaten egg and coffee mixture.
- Slowly add flour until combined.
- Stir in both chips.
- Drop by tablespoonful on to baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Cool for 1-2 minutes on sheet and remove to a cooling rack.
- Makes 4 dozen.
- Note: I used an instant coffee powder mix (International Delights French vanilla) with great results.
Everyone loved these cookies! I found that they had a much better flavor after sitting a few hours. Delicious!
This is a fantastic 10 star recipe. It makes a beautiful cookie, however, I used a cookie scoop and only got 2 dozen cookies instead of the 4 dozen stated. I used unsalted butter and then added 1/2 teaspoon of salt. I also upped the chocolate chips to 1 full cup. The dough bakes up a beautifully formed cookie - a pleasure to eat and to look at!!Because mine were bigger, they took 12 minutes to cook.
I prepared this recipe with 4 and 5 year old children (4 of them)and they simply enjoyed preparing them as much as eating them enough to request to take home a few for their grannies! Two of the kids had a ball shaping them which came out from the oven burnt and the choc pieces melted out. Sticking to dropping them by spoonfuls is HIGHLY recommended then!