1/1 Photo of Toffee Cheesecake With Caramel Sauce
2 hrs 30 mins
Recipe taken from "Bon Appetit", January 1991
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 lbs cream cheese, room temp
- 5 large eggs, room temp
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1For Crust:.
- 2Preheat oven to 350.
- 3Lightly butter inside of 9" springform pan with 2 3/4" high sides.
- 4Combine crumbs, butter, and brown sugar in small bowl.
- 5Press crumbs over bottom and 1" up sides of pan.
- 6Refrigerate crust.
- 7For Filling:.
- 8Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese in large bowl until fluffy.
- 9Add sugar and beat until smooth.
- 10Beat in eggs 1 at a time.
- 11Mix in vanilla and fresh lemon juice.
- 12Pour filling into prepared crust.
- 13Bake until cake rises about 1/2" over rim and center moves only slightly when pan is shaken, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 14Cool on rack. (Cake will fall as it cools, sinking in center.).
- 15Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 6 hours.
- 16For Topping:.
- 17Heat sugar and water in heavy medium saucepan over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- 18Increase heat and boil without stirring until mixture is rich caramel color, occasionally swirling and washing down sides of pan with brush dipped into cold water, about 8 minute.
- 19Reduce heat to very low.
- 20Add cream (mixture will bubble up) and stir until smooth.
- 21Mix in butter.
- 22Cool slightly.
- 23Mix in vanilla.
- 24Using small sharp knife, cut around sides of pan to loosen cake.
- 25Release pan sides.
- 26Pour 2/3 Celsius caramel sauce into center of cake.
- 27Cover remaining caramel sauce and let stand at room temperature.
- 28Chill cake until caramel topping is almost set, about 2 hours.
- 29Whip 3/4 Celsius cream with 2 tablespoons sugar in medium bowl until firm peaks form.
- 30Spoon cream into pastry bag fitted with star tip.
- 31Pipe cream decoratively around edge of cake.
- 32Arrange toffee pieces in whipped cream border.
- 33Refrigerate until serving.
- 34Pass remaining caramel sauce separately.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toffee Cheesecake With Caramel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1246.6
- Calories from Fat 788
- Total Fat 87.6 g
- Saturated Fat 50.6 g
- Cholesterol 373.7 mg
- Sodium 556.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 96.2 g
- Protein 13.5 g