Recipe by Montana Heart Song
This is a rich dessert. Very easy to make. The perfect dessert to go with roast beef and mashed potatoes and gravy.I use German Chocolate Cake mix but you can use Sour Cream Chocolate mix, or just Chocolate mix. Top with frozen Yogurt, ice cream or whipped topping.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted plus
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups toffee pieces
- 30 -40 caramels
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, mix cake mix, melted margarine, 1/3 cup milk and nuts.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In medium saucepan, melt 4 tblsps. margarine,1/3 milk and caramels.
- Spray Pam in a 9 13 baking pan.
- Spread 1/2 of cake mixture in the pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Take out of oven.
- Sprinkle the toffee chips all over the baked cake.
- Then spread the melted caramel mixture over the toffee chips.
- Spread the rest of the cake mix over the top.
- Bake 18 minutes.
- Cool about 10 minutes and cut in squares.